In November 2019, I created a list of all the PERB decisions being challenged in the courts of appeal. Back then there were 17 cases on appeal. Today there are 13 cases on appeal. In my opinion, the fewer cases on appeal is a function of PERB issuing fewer decisions and not that they are being challenged less. Consider that in January 2020, there were 40 cases on the Board’s docket. As of August 20, 2021, there are only 16. My speculation is that the percentage of Board decisions being challenged remains as high as ever.Continue reading
Tim Yeung is a Partner with the law firm of Sloan Sakai Yeung & Wong LLP in Sacramento, California. He exclusively practices labor and employment law, with a particular focus on the public sector.
About Sloan Sakai Yeung & Wong LLPSloan Sakai Yeung & Wong LLP provides legal representation for cities, counties, school districts, universities, special districts, state agencies, and non-profit organizations in all areas of labor, employment, and general government law. Visit our website at sloansakai.com or call us at: 916.258.8800.
- New PERB Regs Effective 1/1/22
- Governor Signs AB 237: Mandates Continuation of Health Insurance for Striking Employees
- Board To Consider Changes To Expedited Case Processing Regulation
- Governor Signs SB 270: Authorizes Monetary Penalties for Violation of PECC
- Proposed Initiative Would Bar Public Sector Collective Bargaining
Search This Site